Healthy Club Officer Vacancy
We are looking for someone to take on the role of Healthy Club Officer within our club.
Role Description Summary
They will be the lead for the Irish Life GAA Healthy Club Programme within our club. This is a national programme run by the GAA, Camogie and LGFA. Each club and community will have its own idea of what constitutes a Healthy Club. However, some principles underpin all Healthy Clubs.
- Recognise health and wellbeing as a core value; one that is everyone’s responsibility with everyone having a role to play.
- View health as something holistic that involves physical, mental, social and spiritual wellbeing.
- Seek to make their club setting /environment as healthy as possible and set a good example through their practices, policies, and partnerships.
- Are community clubs that aim to extend their positive influence beyond their membership.
- Are inclusive clubs that aim to offer people of all abilities and backgrounds the opportunity to participate in the club in a meaningful way, throughout their lifespan.
- Are not expected to do everything themselves, but instead work in partnership to build stronger, more connected communities.
· The Healthy Club Officer will work with a small project team (4-8 members ideally). This project team will have the full support of the club executive and will be supported by the County Healthy & Wellbeing Committee
· No professional expertise is required but an interest in health and well-being is an advantage. Healthy Clubs Officers are encouraged to recruit other enthusiastic members (and non-club members) to get involved in the Healthy Club Project team. They may not see themselves as a club secretary or coach, but they may wish to support a healthier club.
· To support Healthy Club Officers and their project teams, training will provided.
· The will be asked to build on the work done to date in achieve our Foundation Level Healthy Club Award.
If you interested or know of someone who may be interested or would like some more information please contact Club Secretary John Kennedy on 087-7689859 or email email@example.com